Jim Marshall , creator of the Marshall stack, died Thursday morning at the age of 88. Of all the men who pioneered rock music between 1964-67, including fellow innovators like Leo Fender and Les Paul , and musicians like Pete Townshend and Jimi Hendrix , it was Marshall who fathered LOUD. As fundamental as Gibson and Fender guitars were, they still needed something to plug into. Similarly, those feedback-laden soundscapes by The Who and Hendrix required Marshall amps to become fully realized. Once musicians learned to stack the [...]
Blog: The Adios Lounge
Related PostsTop 6… Things Tool Have Been Up To Instead Of Working On Their New AlbumLondon’s [STRANGERS] have been brought to our attention...I have been listening to new Youngblood Hawke track, “We...The Men and Some Other Men and Women Have Been Added to the Pitchfork Music FestivalNew Dates Have Been Added To THE CONTORTIONIST, JEFF LOOMIS, CHIMP SPANNER & 7 HORNS 7 EYES TourFinally /// Both songs have been sent to be pre-mastered.
More from The Adios LoungeRIP Neil ArmstrongWeirdos History XThelonious Monster: A 12-Step ProgramDevo KickstarterDevo: "We Were Punk Scientists"
- Disclosure - When A Fire Starts To Burn
- BANKS. - Warm Water (Prod. By Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs)
- The Dodos - Confidence
- Mayer Hawthorne - Her Favorite Song
- Pure Bathing Culture - Pendulum
- Smith Westerns - "3am Spiritual" (Official Audio)
- Disclosure - You & Me ft. Eliza Doolittle (Baauer Remix)
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Better Days
- Boards of Canada - Reach For The Dead
- HAERTS - All The Days
Boards of Canada - Reach for the Dead (from Tomorrow's Harvest)Julia Holter - World (Official Video)Washed Out - Paracosm (Official Album Trailer)She & Him- I Could've Been Your GirlAction Bronson - "Strictly 4 My Jeeps" (Official Video)