The NYC house music duo look back to the '90s on their debut album. In retrospect, maybe it was inevitable that electronic dance music would eventually circle back and start paying homage to itself. After all, this cycle occurs in every other type of music. What 15 years ago seemed like an inexhaustible frontier of musical possibilities has now become another cultural archive, ripe for nostalgia. Or, as some optimists would have it, rediscovery. You can put Blondes firmly in the latter camp. The New York City duo of...
Related PostsVideo: Blondes, “Wine”Blondes – WineClip: Blondes - WineTwo simple videos: Blondes vs NASABlondes – Wine (video)Blondes complete their 2011 12” trilogy with...
More from PopMattersMr Carmack – Birth Control / Hopscotch / Pay (For What) (streams)Counterbalance No. 129: 'Saturday Night Fever'Natalie Maines - "Without You" (video)Latitudes and Longitudes of Darkness: Four Remarkable 2013 Black Metal AlbumsMojo Hand: The Life and Music of Lightnin' Hopkins
- BANKS. - Warm Water (Prod. By Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs)
- Thundercat - Oh Sheit It's X
- MS MR - Hurricane (CHVRCHES remix)
- Say Lou Lou - Fool Of Me Feat. Chet Faker
- flightfacilities - I Didn't Believe feat. Elizabeth Rose (Extended Version)
- mariahcarey - #Beautiful
- Mayer Hawthorne - Her Favorite Song
- The Dodos - Confidence
- weareoliver - Heart Of Glass (Oliver & Thee Mike B Remix)
- Mixmag - Perfectly
Holy Ghost! "Dumb Disco Ideas"The Weeknd - Kiss LandDaft Punk - Random Access Memories UnboxedKendrick Lamar - Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe (Explicit)MØ - Waste Of Time (Audio)